GREENE COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – A Centerville man was killed in a crash in Greene County Tuesday afternoon.
The Xenia Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol responded to Wilmington Dayton Road just before 12:45 p.m. for reports of a two-vehicle crash.
According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, a 2008 blue Dodge Ram pickup truck was stopped in traffic southbound on Wilmington Dayton Road as the car ahead was waiting for traffic to clear in order to make a turn into a driveway. A 1992 International water tanker was headed southbound on Wilmington Dayton Road approaching the pickup truck, when it swerved to the right, traveling partially off the right side of the roadway. The pickup truck was struck as the tanker continued off the roadway and the tanker overturned, striking a utility pole before coming to a final rest on its right side in a field.
The driver of the International tanker, 45-year-old Todd Schaffer, was not wearing a seatbelt and was partially ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Alcohol is not considered as a factor in the crash and the incident remains under investigation.
- Southwest scaling back on cleanings after flights
- Ohio jobless claims fall again as federal checks end
- In scathing obit, Texas woman blames Trump, ‘selfish’ people for husband’s COVID-19 death
- Live streamed video shows priest in Beirut run for cover after explosions
- 1.2 million seek jobless aid after $600 federal check ends