DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — The Montgomery County Coroner was called to the scene of a fire on Valley Street in Dayton early Monday morning.
Regional Dispatch said a motor home located behind a vacant house caught fire around 3:48 a.m. in the 1800 block of Valley Street. Once the fire was extinguished a body was discovered.
Eddy Barnhill said he’s a friend of the victim. He said he sold the camper to the victim just a few months ago.
“He was going to drive it to Florida and move down there. He was just saving his money, was trying to save up some money before he left,” said Barnhill.
Authorities are unclear at this time whether the person was dead before or after the fire started. They are unable to confirm what caused the fire as well.
- ‘The Office’ Experience makes its US debut: See inside
- Former Reds player signs autographs at sports card show
- Local delivery service co-op closes as restaurants thrive
- Best Marvel: The Eternals comics to read before the movie comes out
- ‘A Celebration of Nuts’ Black Walnut Festival returns to Camden