MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – Recorder Brandon McClain is inviting all local veterans to share coffee and conversation revealing the benefits of the New Veteran Identification Card Program.
The 2016 U.S. Census reported that there are around 40,000 veterans living in Montgomery County.
Coffee for Veterans will be held on the following dates and times:
- August 28th at 9 am at Oakwood Community Center, located at 105 Patterson Road in Oakwood
- September 11th at 9:30 am at Vandalia Senior Center, located at 21 Tionda Drive
- September 25 at 9:30 am at Huber Heights Senior Citizens Center, located at 6428 Chambersburg Road
These locations have agreed to offer complimentary coffee to all attending veterans. For additional dates and locations, contact the Montgomery County Recorder’s Office Community Public Affairs Specialist, Tristina Allen, at (937) 496-3017.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Montgomery County cancels Level 1 Snow Emergency
- Wright State faculty will file to strike
- Flu hospitalizations down in Greene County, officials say
- $50,000 reward in Wisconsin abduction case up in the air
Public health officials in Greene County say hospitalized cases of the flu are down significantly compared to this time last year.Read More »
"We dealt with a lot of battery issues, with people being stuck in snow, slideoffs on the roads. The backroads are really bad right now," Joseph Cusick, Dayton's AAA fleet supervisor, said.Read More »
In just one week the Wright State faculty are scheduled to strike, and it appears neither side is willing to budge. Both the University president and a union official say the battle is about doing what's best for the students and the University, not about winning and losing. But each side is so entrenched, and it doesn't look like this will be resolved soon.Read More »