CLAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Clayton City Council made it easier for local businesses to operate while observing social distancing guidelines.
The Council approved a new temporary onsite outdoor seating permit which will allow for a portion of the restaurant’s already approved seating to be moved outdoors at Thursday night’s regularly scheduled Clayton City Council meeting.
To ensure social distancing requirements are met while encouraging restaurant establishments to resume operations, Clayton will provide flexible outdoor operations allowances where they may not otherwise be permitted by City Code.
Any Clayton restaurant interested in applying for this free permit may contact City of Clayton’s Development Department at 937-836-3500 or email Jack Kuntz at Jkuntz@clayton.oh.us. Information about the permit application can be found here.
LATEST STORIES ON CORONAVIRUS
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 35,513 cases, 2,155 deaths
- Massive US protests raise fears of new virus outbreaks
- Ohio order signed to reopen daycare centers; officially reopen Sunday
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 35,034 cases, 2,149 deaths
- US food prices see historic jump and are likely to stay high