TROTWOOD, Ohio (WDTN) – Police say the child who was taken to Dayton Children’s with a gunshot wound yesterday accidentally discharged an unattended loaded firearm he found at his babysitter’s house.
Trotwood Police responded to the hospital around 6:12 pm.
A 9-year-old boy told officers that he found the gun inside one of the room’s of his babysitter’s house, located in the 4500 block of Lotus Drive.
He said he picked the weapon up and accidentally fired it, causing a non-life threatening injury to himself.
A Dayton Children’s employee called 911 after the child was brought to the hospital. She reported that it happened at the child’s aunt’s house.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Preble Shawnee voters to decide on two levies for schools
- Morris Furniture Co., Inc to open new showrooms
- Coronavirus: National and international health procedures
- Dayton Arcade ‘ahead of schedule’ in leasing out business offices
- Police call for backup during incident on Catalpa Drive