DARKE COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – The Sheriff’s Office is investigating after a child was found unresponsive in a Darke County swimming pool.
On July 12 around 11:20 am, Darke County deputies along with Gettysburg Fire and Rescue and CareFlight were sent to 7425 Gettysburg-Webster Road for reports of a 2-year-old found unresponsive in a swimming pool.
Initial investigation revealed that the 2-year-old boy was found in a private swimming pool at an address on Children’s Home Bradford Road unresponsive by a family member.
The child was rushed to a neighbor’s house on Gettysburg-Webster Road, where CPR was performed.
He was flown to Dayton Children’s Hospital by CareFlight and is listed in critical condition.
It is unclear at this time how long the boy was unresponsive in the pool.
The incident remains under investigation by the Darke County Sheriff’s Office.
- Multiple Apple services reported down
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe
- LIVE COVERAGE: Trump, Biden set to meet in Ohio for 1st debate
- Heavy fire department presence at the Mall at Fairfield Commons
- Monroe Police identify man who died after double shooting