WILBERFORCE, Ohio (WDTN) – Dr. Jack Thomas has taken office as the 9th president of Central State University.
He was named to the position on February 7 following a nationwide search and comes to Central State after spending almost a decade as President of Western Illinois University.
“These are very challenging times, but also I would say that it’s a good time in terms of an opportunity to make my mark here at Central State University and reaching out to our faculty, staff, students, alumni, and the community members and stake holders. We have lofty goals ahead of ourselves,” he said.
Dr. Thomas is a native of Alabama. He graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
In this WDTN.com Web Extra, watch Dr. Jack Thomas’ full interview with 2 NEWS.
- Southwest scaling back on cleanings after flights
- Ohio jobless claims fall again as federal checks end
- In scathing obit, Texas woman blames Trump, ‘selfish’ people for husband’s COVID-19 death
- Live streamed video shows priest in Beirut run for cover after explosions
- 1.2 million seek jobless aid after $600 federal check ends