WILBERFORCE, Ohio (WDTN) – Dr. Jack Thomas has taken office as the 9th president of Central State University.
He was named to the position on February 7 following a nationwide search and comes to Central State after spending almost a decade as President of Western Illinois University.
“These are very challenging times, but also I would say that it’s a good time in terms of an opportunity to make my mark here at Central State University and reaching out to our faculty, staff, students, alumni, and the community members and stake holders. We have lofty goals ahead of ourselves,” he said.
Dr. Thomas is a native of Alabama. He graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
In this WDTN.com Web Extra, watch Dr. Jack Thomas’ full interview with 2 NEWS.
- Over 5,600 AES Ohio customers without power, mostly south of Englewood
- ‘At a breaking point’: Mississippi down to 6 open ICU beds as delta rips through younger, unvaccinated populations
- 10 migrants killed, 20 seriously injured after van rolls over in South Texas
- Police investigating reports of juvenile shot on Randolph Street in Dayton
- Person hospitalized after hit-and-run in Dayton