CENTERVILLE, Ohio (WDTN) – The Centerville VFW held a car parade for a world war two veteran’s birthday.
Hank Williamson turned 95 years old Thursday. To celebrate the VFW Post 9550 held a car parade outside Hank’s house. His family and friends drove by his home twice to honor him.
Hank said he was drafted into World War II then spent time working before he was drafted again for the Korean War.
“As you get older, you find out money isn’t everything, the important thing is family and friends. And your health of course,” Williamson said.
The VFW said the parade was to honor Hank since he has not been able to attend many events due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Biden plans swift moves to protect and advance LGBTQ rights
- Tony Hsieh, former Zappos CEO, dies at 46
- With no action by Washington, states race to offer virus aid
- New City Church to host tree lighting in Northridge on Dec. 5
- Santa, Mrs. Claus to visit Middletown neighborhoods on weekends starting Saturday