HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) – The cause of death was revealed of a 71-year-old woman who went missing during the Memorial Day tornado outbreak and was later found dead near a creek.
According to Montgomery County Coroner Dr. Kent Harshbarger, Catherine Clayburn died of an accidental drowning.
Clayburn was missing for over a week after the tornado outbreak when she was found covered by piles of brush and debris next to creek connected to the Stillwater River.
EquuSearch, a national organization specializing in locating missing persons, was called in to assist in the search near Shiloh Drive and Blue Ridge Drive near where Clayburn was found.
- Dozens of virus cases reported at Darke County intermediate care facility
- Officials investigating fire at old school building in Harrison Twp. as possible arson
- Montgomery County residents react to mask mandate
- Teen makes coronavirus prom dress out of duct tape
- Rescue dog becomes rescuer