CENTERVILLE, Ohio (WDTN) – Two people escaped with just minor injuries after a driver crashed his car through a wall at LA Fitness in Centerville and landed in the pool.
Centerville Police tell 2 NEWS it happened around 2:50 pm at the gym located at 45 W. Alex Bell Road.
Initial investigation suggests that the driver was parking their car outside the facility when they somehow lost control and wound up crashing through the wall.
There were members swimming inside at the time, and one of those swimmers suffered minor injuries, according to Sgt. Kaercher.
When asked what caused the driver to lose control, Sgt. Kaercher says he does not believe medical issues were the cause, but rather driver error.
The driver of the car also received non-life threatening injuries.
Sgt. Kaercher says all things considered, the situation could have turned out to be much worse.
A gym employee says the pool area is closed, but the rest of the gym is still open.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 57,151 cases, 2,911 deaths
- $20 million funding opportunity to strengthen America’s water infrastructure
- Kanye West announces plans to run for president in 2020
- Second stimulus check: Where we stand as July begins
- Payne Recreation Center to open gym, will resume aerobics classes