DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Organizations from around Montgomery County and the Miami Valley officially kicked of the Bring Your Green Challenge Wednesday morning.
The Bring Your Green Challenge is a “year-long contest for local governments, businesses, schools, and office tenants to reduce costs while decreasing greenhouse gas emissions and natural resource consumption.”
There will be four platforms in which participants can compete:
Government – Green City Challenges to help local governments reach their environmental goals and engage their communities
Buildings – Commercial, office buildings, retail, manufacturing tenants, etc.
Schools – K-12 schools to help groom a new generation of sustainability thinkers
Green Eats – Coffee shops, restaurants, corner stores and food establishments to reduce waster and promote a sustainable food system.
- Las Vegas family awarded $29.5M after woman suffers brain damage following allergic reaction
- Coronavirus in Ohio update: 1,855 new cases, 31 hospitalizations
- Louisiana woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account
- Official: Chinese vaccines’ effectiveness low
- Chloé Zhao becomes 1st woman of color to win top DGA honor