DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Organizations from around Montgomery County and the Miami Valley officially kicked of the Bring Your Green Challenge Wednesday morning.
The Bring Your Green Challenge is a “year-long contest for local governments, businesses, schools, and office tenants to reduce costs while decreasing greenhouse gas emissions and natural resource consumption.”
There will be four platforms in which participants can compete:
Government – Green City Challenges to help local governments reach their environmental goals and engage their communities
Buildings – Commercial, office buildings, retail, manufacturing tenants, etc.
Schools – K-12 schools to help groom a new generation of sustainability thinkers
Green Eats – Coffee shops, restaurants, corner stores and food establishments to reduce waster and promote a sustainable food system.
- Federal order requires face masks for travelers; Dayton International Airport already has policy in place
- Premier Health vaccine clinic at UD Arena moves indoors
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- FBI: 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation
- Ohio family grateful for pardon from President Trump