DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Organizations from around Montgomery County and the Miami Valley officially kicked of the Bring Your Green Challenge Wednesday morning.
The Bring Your Green Challenge is a “year-long contest for local governments, businesses, schools, and office tenants to reduce costs while decreasing greenhouse gas emissions and natural resource consumption.”
There will be four platforms in which participants can compete:
Government – Green City Challenges to help local governments reach their environmental goals and engage their communities
Buildings – Commercial, office buildings, retail, manufacturing tenants, etc.
Schools – K-12 schools to help groom a new generation of sustainability thinkers
Green Eats – Coffee shops, restaurants, corner stores and food establishments to reduce waster and promote a sustainable food system.Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- America’s cars could soon stop drunk drivers from driving at all
- Trump rule may mean 1 million kids lose automatic free lunch
- NASA asks Congress for more money to get back to the moon
- Study links seasonal allergies to crime rate
- Sheriff’s Office receives donation for new K-9 in honor of fallen officer