DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — Quilliam, an African Pygmy Hedgehog who performed Groundhog Day honors at Boonshoft Museum, has died.
The museum said that the hedgehog developed kidney failure related to old age.
The museum said in a press release that, “Hedgehogs have short lifespans, and usually live 2-4 years under human care. The Boonshoft Museum’s Live Animal staff made the difficult decision to have him humanely euthanized.”
To honor the memory of Quilliam, patrons will be able to symbolically adopt Quilliam for the next 30 days through the Adopt an Animal program.
- Indian village cheers for Harris before swearing-in
- On Day One, Biden to undo Trump policies on climate, virus
- Dr. Acton honored with UC Martin Luther King Jr. Humanitarian Award
- What to expect at an inauguration unlike any other
- Disney Plus adding all 5 seasons of ‘The Muppet Show’ starting February 19