DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — Quilliam, an African Pygmy Hedgehog who performed Groundhog Day honors at Boonshoft Museum, has died.
The museum said that the hedgehog developed kidney failure related to old age.
The museum said in a press release that, “Hedgehogs have short lifespans, and usually live 2-4 years under human care. The Boonshoft Museum’s Live Animal staff made the difficult decision to have him humanely euthanized.”
To honor the memory of Quilliam, patrons will be able to symbolically adopt Quilliam for the next 30 days through the Adopt an Animal program.
- Foundation in memory of Derrick Fudge planning first relief mission to Lake Charles after Laura and Sally storms
- Five people injured in US-35 crash between Beavercreek and Xenia
- Coronavirus in Ohio: 951 new cases, four new deaths reported Saturday
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- 16 shot, 2 fatally, at party in Rochester, police say