DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Audience members donated nearly $24,000 toward the Oregon District Tragedy Fund during the Victoria Theatre Association’s performances of The Book of Mormon.
The show ran from August 28 until September 1.
“We, at Victoria Theatre Association, are amazed and humbled,” says Ty Sutton, President & CEO, Victoria Theatre Association. “Thanks to the cast and crew of The Book of Mormon for embracing Dayton and joining the effort. The sheer generosity of our community never ceases to amaze us. On behalf of VTA staff and Board of Trustees, thank you for giving from the heart. The grand total of the contributions is $23,934.43.”
If you’d like to make a donation to the Oregon District Tragedy Fund, click here.
- Woman struck, killed by Mardi Gras parade float in New Orleans
- Court affirms alleged Islamic State recruiter’s conviction
- Border patrol SWAT teams to help ICE track down undocumented immigrants
- S. Korea reports 1st virus death; 2.5M urged to stay home
- Greenville man jailed after attempting to flee officers