KETTERING, Ohio (WDTN) - The Dayton Bomb Squad was at David's Cemetery Tuesday to detonate a potentially active device.
Kettering Police told 2 NEWS that a citizen brought in some sort of munition to the police department, when they realized it could potentially be active.
The Bomb Squad was called in and they went David's Cemetery, located at 4600 Mad River Road, to detonate it.
They say the public is not at risk.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Montgomery County cancels Level 1 Snow Emergency
- Wright State faculty will file to strike
- Updated Flu hospitalizations down in Greene County, officials say
- $50,000 reward in Wisconsin abduction case up in the air
Public health officials in Greene County say hospitalized cases of the flu are down significantly compared to this time last year.Read More »
"We dealt with a lot of battery issues, with people being stuck in snow, slideoffs on the roads. The backroads are really bad right now," Joseph Cusick, Dayton's AAA fleet supervisor, said.Read More »
In just one week the Wright State faculty are scheduled to strike, and it appears neither side is willing to budge. Both the University president and a union official say the battle is about doing what's best for the students and the University, not about winning and losing. But each side is so entrenched, and it doesn't look like this will be resolved soon.Read More »