DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Dayton VA campus held a drive-by birthday parade for resident Edgar Moorman, who turned 101 years old on Monday.
Moorman lives at the Community Living Center and is a World War II vet who returned to the Miami Valley where he raised a family of 12 kids, who organized the nine car, drive-by parade.
His family says they wanted to do something special for him, since no visitors are allowed at the nursing home due to the pandemic.
- Prayer walk pays tribute to Oregon District shooting victims
- First-of-its-kind dog trail opens in Downtown Dayton
- Educator says community, support, and schedules important for successful virtual learning
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 93,031 cases, 3,529 deaths
- Wilford Brimley, the face of Quaker Oats and ‘Cocoon’ star, dies at 85