BEAVERCREEK, Ohio (WDTN) — Beavercreek Police are warning residence of a phone scam that has made its rounds throughout the area.
The scam involves a caller impersonating a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agent who falsely claims that the victim has bought drugs on the internet. The DEA said that the caller will often be aggressive about speaking with a particular person.
The callers will demand a payment in exchange for not pursuing charges against the victim. They will ask for wire transfer or gift cards to pay the fine. If the victim refuses, the caller will threaten to search their property for evidence.
- Dayton Police ask for help locating missing 12-year-old boy
- What did you listen to most this year? Spotify and Apple Music providing personalized 2020 review
- ‘Christmas Star’ to light up December sky for first time in 800 years
- Christmas trees selling fast in Clayton
- Cyberattacks surging as COVID-19 pandemic continues