MIAMISBURG, Ohio (WDTN) – An investigation is underway after an 84-year-old man was kidnapped from his home in Miamisburg, beaten, and forced to withdraw money from an ATM.
Miamisburg Police tell 2 NEWS that at least two suspects broke into the man’s home on Wileray Drive. Someone called 911 at 3:30 am Thursday from the Rumpke facility on East Monument Avenue in Dayton and said an elderly man was there and looked like he had been beaten up.
Just after 8 a.m., the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation was called in to assist police at the scene.
The man told police that the invaders forced him into his car and made him drive to an ATM to withdraw money. He was beaten by the suspects in the process.
The attackers left the man and his car at the Rumpke facility, fleeing on foot.
A Rumpke spokesperson released a statement saying, “Rumpke is fully cooperating with law enforcement. We cannot provide any details of an ongoing investigation.”
The victim reportedly knew at least one of the suspects, but police could not immediately disclose their connection.
He was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- Swim clubs, public pools prepare to reopen
- Centerville gym one of first in Miami Valley to reopen
- CrossFit gym opens early for Memorial Day workout honoring fallen heroes
- Centerville holds virtual Memorial Day ceremony
- Gold Star families honor the fallen during modified Memorial Day ceremonies