PREBLE COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – A 21-year-old woman was killed in a crash on I-70 eastbound in Preble County Thursday evening, according to the Ohio State Highway Patrol.
The Dayton post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol tells 2 NEWS it happened near mile marker 17 just after 6 pm Thursday. Jennifer McKown, 41, of Indianapolis, was driving a white 1992 Infiniti M30 when a tire blew out, causing the vehicle to drive off the right side of the road and striking a ditch. A passenger was ejected when the vehicle overturned.
Haille McKown, 21, also of Indianapolis, was ejected from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene. OSP says Haille was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Jennifer McKown and two other passengers were taken to local hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.
Alcohol and drugs are not believed to have been factors in the crash. The crash remains under investigation.
Assisting OSP at the scene was Brookville Fire and EMS, Lewisburg Fire and EMS, and the Preble County Coroner’s Office.
- Mayor praises peaceful protest in Piqua
- Lily’s Bistro gives back to protesters after window busted in Saturday night protests
- Owners of Ohio bakery arm themselves with guns as violent protesters try to get inside
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured
- People in Youngstown gather against police brutality, racial injustice