HUBER HEIGHTS, Ohio (WDTN) – A 42-year-old man from Vandalia is dead after a crash involving a motorcycle late Wednesday night.
Police say it happened along Chambersburg Road, near Old Troy Pike, in Huber Heights just before 9:30 p.m Wednesday.
Police at the scene confirmed with 2 NEWS that the motorcyclist appeared to be a man in his 40s. The Montgomery County Coroner confirmed early Thursday morning that the motorcyclist is identified as James Hall, 42, of Vandalia.
According to police, the motorcycle was driving east on Chambersburg Road when it crossed the center line. Another vehicle hit the motorcycle. Hall was thrown from the motorcycle in the crash.
Police say a bystander who saw the crash performed CPR until medics arrived. Hall was taken to a local hospital with severe injuries, where he was later pronounced dead.
Police say alcohol is considered a factor in the crash. Hall was not wearing a helmet, according to officers at the scene.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Vaping cases decreasing after school district introduces cessation classes
- House passes bill to lower drug prices
- Ryan Reynolds says he related to Peloton actress’ plight
- ‘They’re the best in the world;’ Dayton officers honored for actions during mass shooting
- Storm Team 2 Forecast 6 PM Thursday 12 Dec 2019