MIAMI COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) –- One person died and another was injured after a crash in Miami County Monday night.
The crash happened just after 8 p.m. Monday in the 1000 block of Mowry Road in Newton Township. A tractor hauling equipment and an SUV were involved in the crash.
The Miami County Sheriff’s Office says the driver of the tractor, identified as 60-year-old Daniel P. Delcamp, of Covington, died in the crash.
The man driving the SUV, identified as Loren D. Flory, 73, of Pleasant Hill, was taken to Troy Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
A preliminary investigation determined that Delcamp had just pulled onto Mowry Road in his tractor, which was towing a planting drill, when the crash occurred. The tractor was parked at a slight angle across both lanes of travel. Delcamp was standing outside of the tractor at the time of the crash near the cab. The SUV was traveling northbound on Mowry Road when it crashed into the tractor.
Alcohol and speed are not believed to be factors in the crash.
- 5.5 magnitude quake rattles Southern California
- Mugshots released of all 4 officers charged in George Floyd’s death
- Inmate back in custody after stealing law enforcement vehicle
- Ex-defense chief Mattis rips Trump for dividing Americans: ‘Does not even pretend to try’
- Don’t throw it out: What to do if you trashed your stimulus debit card