TROTWOOD, Ohio (WDTN) – Police are investigating an armed robbery at a Trotwood Dollar General store.
Regional Dispatch tells 2 NEWS it happened just before 8:20 pm Tuesday evening at the store located at 4000 Salem Avenue near Curundu Avenue.
A suspect in all black wearing a mask over his face entered the store and showed a silver handgun to employees. Police say the suspect tried to rob the store, but the clerk couldn’t get the register open. The suspect fired a shot at employees. After the incident, he fled the area in a dark-colored truck.
A 911 caller said the suspect may have fired a shot. When police arrived, they found a shell casing at the scene.
No injuries have been reported. It is unclear at this time if the suspect got away with any cash or merchandise. According to police, he was wearing black boots, grey pants, black jacket, and white surgical mask over his face with a blue backpack at the time of the incident.
2 NEWS is working to learn more about this developing story and will provide updates as they become available.
- Land of Illusion publishes open letter after drowning, accusations of lax regulations
- Returning to the workplace? How to navigate the anxiety-inducing transition
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 495 new cases, 9 hospitalizations
- Fauci says US headed in ‘wrong direction’ on coronavirus
- Sparked by pandemic fallout, homeschooling surges across US