DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — Aramark issued a notice to the offices of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services’ and Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley, informing them of 63 impending layoffs at Sinclair Community College.
The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) requires businesses with 100 or more employees to notify authorities in the event it is letting more than 50 employees go.
The company said in its letter that due to the ongoing pandemic, unforeseen business circumstances all of its hourly employees at Sinclair Community College will be laid off as of Oct. 1. Aramark also said it would be terminating one salaried employee as of Sept. 23.
- Melania Trump’s error puts Oregon Christmas tree farm in spotlight
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving
- Miami Valley healthcare leaders ensure hospitals are keeping up with COVID surge
- Clifton Mill starts season Nov. 27 with updated coronavirus precautions