DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – DK Effect hosted the third annual RePURSE IT drive on Thursday. Volunteers collected purses, bags, and other carriers and filled them with household goods, toiletries, and snacks.
The bags are then distributed to shelters and other nonprofits across the Miami Valley to give to the homeless or families in need of support.
“It’s just really heartwarming to know that people love to give and that it’s important to be bigger than something that’s bigger than yourself. So everyone that’s donated has the same vision and heart to serve,” said coordinator Valarie Calhoun.
Over a thousand bags have been packed and donated since the event began.
- Budget nominee Neera Tanden withdraws nomination amid opposition
- New York is ready for a new governor in 2022, NewsNation poll finds
- Organizers talk impact of Bellbrook Sugar Maple Festival Cancellation
- ‘Cause once you’re dead that’s a bit too late’: Dolly Parton gets vaccine, rewrites lyrics to a popular song
- Report labels the best and worst states for children during the pandemic