DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Sinclair College hosted their “We the Fathers of Montgomery County” event on Friday, giving dads an opportunity to spend time with their kids.
Families enjoyed live music and a fashion show from Clothes that Work.
“It’s all about helping community fathers become better fathers, giving them extra resources, and also celebrating the fathers that are doing a good job. Some are struggling coming out of incarceration or other things like that, and it’s about helping them try to catch up with the others,” said Mike Newsom, Fatherhood Coordinator of Montgomery County.
This was the event’s fifth year.
- Teen stabbed in Troy, suspect in custody
- Sunny but cool for the last weekend of summer
- State, local politicians react to the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- 16-year-old shot in back at Wilkinson Plaza
- First Black Voter Day encourages voter registration, election participation in Black community