DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Sinclair College hosted their “We the Fathers of Montgomery County” event on Friday, giving dads an opportunity to spend time with their kids.
Families enjoyed live music and a fashion show from Clothes that Work.
“It’s all about helping community fathers become better fathers, giving them extra resources, and also celebrating the fathers that are doing a good job. Some are struggling coming out of incarceration or other things like that, and it’s about helping them try to catch up with the others,” said Mike Newsom, Fatherhood Coordinator of Montgomery County.
This was the event’s fifth year.
- Levitt Pavilion holds first in-person concert since start of pandemic
- “Operation: Dinosaur held at National Museum of the US Air Force
- 70th annual Poultry Days Festival held in Versailles this weekend
- First ‘Dayton Marcos Day’ celebrates history of Dayton’s Negro League baseball team
- TSA screens over 2 million passengers in a single day for the first time since March 2020