MORAINE, Ohio (WDTN) — The locally-made, Oscar-winning, documentary “American Factory” took home the Emmy for Outstanding Directing for a Documentary/Nonfiction Program.
The documentary focuses on an abandoned General Motors plant in Moraine that was bought by the Chinese company Fuyoa and made into a new factory.
It was directed by the Dayton area’s own Steven Bognar and Julia Reichert.
The documentary was also Netflix’s first project backed by Michelle and Barack Obama’s production company, Higher Ground.
- 2 semis crash, I-70 WB closed in Preble County
- The Clark County Fair back after a year off due to the pandemic
- Alabama governor on rise in COVID-19 cases: ‘It’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated’
- Newlyweds who required wedding guests to be vaccinated got to ask Biden question at Ohio town hall
- 8 pythons captured and removed from Oregon park