DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The locally-made documentary “American Factory” has received three Emmy nominations, including Outstanding Directing for a Documentary/Nonfiction Program, Outstanding Picture Editing for a Nonfiction Program, and Outstanding Cinematography for a Nonfiction Program.
Earlier this year, the film took home an Oscar for Best Documentary Feature for its depiction of Moraine’s Fuyao plant.
It was directed by the Dayton area’s own Steven Bognar and Julia Reichert.
The documentary was also Netflix’s first project backed by Michelle and Barack Obama’s production company, Higher Ground.
- Raiders score 100 in Saturday win at IUPUI
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 5,859 new cases, 81 deaths reported
- Off by one number: Missouri girl inundated with phone calls from Arizonans looking for vaccine
- MRI researcher may have accidentally discovered how gas planets are magnetic
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects