FAIRBORN, Ohio (WDTN) – A man is facing charges for shooting at a vehicle from his truck in Fairborn – and police say the suspect may also be involved in a separate but similar incident that occurred on I-70 in Huber Heights on Thursday.
On July 11 around 10:10 am, Fairborn Police responded to calls of shots fired from a black truck at a car in the area of Xenia Drive and N. Central Avenue.
The driver of the car followed the suspect until Fairborn officers could catch up to the truck.
A loaded firearm was found inside the truck and the driver appeared to be under the influence of narcotics. He was taken into custody and later identified as Randall Sizemore, of Cincinnati.
The victim’s vehicle was hit by at least one bullet during the incident, but the driver was not injured.
Friday, formal charges were filed against him, including:
- Felonious assault, a second-degree felony
- Having weapons under disability, a third-degree felony
- Improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle, a fourth-degree felony
- Operating a vehicle under the influence, a first-degree misdemeanor
- Driving under suspension, a first-degree misdemeanor
Huber Heights police tell 2 NEWS they strongly believe Sizemore is the same man who shot at a car on I-70 Thursday morning, causing the car to crash into the median.
The victim in that shooting was grazed by a bullet and had to be taken to the hospital.