DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Officials have delayed the moving of Mike Major’s Abraham Lincoln statue due to rain and will update the public with a new move date.
The statue planned for the Dayton Veterans Association campus will move to a new location to finish another step before installation.
The statue will move from artist Major’s studio in Urbana to Copp Systems in Dayton.
Major’s life-size sculpture of Lincoln features the president seated with a pen in hand and legislation he signed creating the National Soldier’s and Sailor’s Asylum for Veterans which is today’s VA.
Major also created the Lincoln statue on Courthouse Square in downtown Dayton.
Plans call for the Lincoln statue to be dedicated on the Dayton VA grounds later this year.
- Four officers shot in St. Louis amid night of violent protests
- ‘It’s the right thing to do’: People out cleaning up streets after weekend protests
- City of Springfield to hold virtual meeting June 2
- Officer shot in the head in Las Vegas on life support
- Violence continues as Trump threatens military force against protesters nationwide