EATON, Ohio (WDTN) – Two people were arrested after a traffic stop in Preble County led to the discovery of drugs in the car as well as in a residence, according to the Preble County Sheriff’s Office.
The original traffic stop took place Tuesday night on East Main Street near East Avenue in Eaton for a speed violation that took place on U.S. 35 east of Eaton. The deputies requested a search of the car, which led to the discovery of nearly 21 grams of suspected meth.
With the finding of the drugs, a search warrant was sought and executed at the driver’s home in the 2400 block of Lexington Road. The search led to deputies finding drug paraphernalia, a small amount of additional meth, and other evidence consistent with the trafficking of drugs. The home search led to the arrest of a female occupant of the home on drug charges as well.
Jacob Sievers, 39, was the driver and arrested on the following charges:
- Aggravated possession of drugs – 2nd degree felony
- Aggravated trafficking of drug – 4th degree felony
- Possessing criminal tools – 5th degree felony
- Possession of marijuana – minor misdemeanor
- Illegal use of possession of drug paraphernalia – 4th degree misdemeanor
Stephanie O’Neal, 50, was arrested and charged with:
- Aggravated possession of drugs – 5th degree felony
- Illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia – 4th degree misdemeanor
Both Sievers and O’Neal are booked at the Preble County Jail.Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.