EATON, Ohio (WDTN) – Two people were arrested after a traffic stop in Preble County led to the discovery of drugs in the car as well as in a residence, according to the Preble County Sheriff’s Office.
The original traffic stop took place Tuesday night on East Main Street near East Avenue in Eaton for a speed violation that took place on U.S. 35 east of Eaton. The deputies requested a search of the car, which led to the discovery of nearly 21 grams of suspected meth.
With the finding of the drugs, a search warrant was sought and executed at the driver’s home in the 2400 block of Lexington Road. The search led to deputies finding drug paraphernalia, a small amount of additional meth, and other evidence consistent with the trafficking of drugs. The home search led to the arrest of a female occupant of the home on drug charges as well.
Jacob Sievers, 39, was the driver and arrested on the following charges:
- Aggravated possession of drugs – 2nd degree felony
- Aggravated trafficking of drug – 4th degree felony
- Possessing criminal tools – 5th degree felony
- Possession of marijuana – minor misdemeanor
- Illegal use of possession of drug paraphernalia – 4th degree misdemeanor
Stephanie O’Neal, 50, was arrested and charged with:
- Aggravated possession of drugs – 5th degree felony
- Illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia – 4th degree misdemeanor
Both Sievers and O’Neal are booked at the Preble County Jail.