SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (WDTN) – A suspect is now in custody after a bank robbery in Springfield Saturday morning.
Police said Saturday that a call was made shortly after 9:30 am to report a robbery at Security National Bank in the 2700 block of East Main Street in Springfield.
According to a 911 caller, a man wearing a mask and black hoodie showed a black and silver handgun, jumped over the counter, and took money. The man then ran away. The caller also said the suspect appeared to be the same man who robbed the bank last January.
No injuries were reported.
- JC Penney closing 154 stores in first post-bankruptcy phase
- Middletown shooting suspect taken into custody
- Google to give workers $1K to set up home office
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses
- Senate Dems: Republicans’ words aren’t enough to address police brutality, racial justice