UPDATE: The search for Lucas Rosales, a seven-year-old boy missing since Saturday evening, has continued Tuesday in several areas.

Personnel from several organizations, including Dayton Police, Dayton Fire, Texas EquuSearch, and the City of Dayton Department of Water, have remained in the area to search.

More than 400 acres have been searched so far, along with areas of the Mad River and Great Miami River. The search has expanded as far as West Carrollton.

Dayton Fire officials say high river levels are making the search difficult. Water levels are expected to decrease in the next few days, allowing the Dayton Water Department to create a temporary dam on the Mad River to help with the search.

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — A 7-year-old boy remains missing after Monday’s search efforts.

According to the Dayton Fire Department, Lucas Rosales, 7, was reported missing on Saturday, April 29, around 6:40 p.m. He was reportedly fishing with his family near Harshman Road by Eastwood MetroPark.

Rosales stands 3 feet tall and weighs 60 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a white shirt with black sleeves, black pants and black Converse shoes.

Crews initially searched the water and all nearby riverbanks, utilizing thermal imaging devices, underwater drones, aerial drones and SONAR devices. The search was suspended until morning due to lack of sunlight.

Searches resumed on Sunday, April 30, around 8 a.m. and lasted until the evening. Searches once again took place on Monday morning. However, Rosales has yet to be found.

The active search and rescue response for Rosales has now shifted into a recovery operation, said the Dayton Fire Department.

The Dayton Fire Department said it had suspended all formal search operations, but a Facebook post Monday by Dayton Police & Fire said the police, Five Rivers MetroParks and Equusearch would return to the search on Tuesday.

The post said, at this time, foul play is not suspected. The boy’s family has also reportedly been working cooperatively with the Dayton Fire and Police Departments since the initial 911 call.

Eastwood MetroPark remains closed to the public at this time.

Stay with 2 NEWS as this story develops.