SPRINGBORO, Ohio (WDTN) — 6-year-old Georvonie Campbell was identified by the Warren County Coroner’s Office as having died from a gunshot wound Sunday night.
According to records from the Springboro Police Department, the caller told dispatchers that Campbell “grabbed his mothers gun and shot himself.” The Coroner’s Office believes the shooting was accidental.
Police arrived shortly after the 11 p.m. call.
2 NEWS and WDTN.com is working to gather more information.
- Swim club sees slight increase in membership as more new families join
- Inaugural Wright Dunbar Day celebrates Paul Laurence Dunbar’s birthday and historic district
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Clark County crash
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 57,151 cases, 2,911 deaths
- $20 million funding opportunity to strengthen America’s water infrastructure