DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Dayton Police Department is participating in the Drug Enforcement Administration National Prescription Drug Take Back Day.
On Saturday, October 27 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., residents can help prevent drug abuse and theft by ridding homes of potentially dangerous expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs.
There will be five drop-off locations around Dayton:
- Dayton Police Headquarters at 335 W. Third St.
- Central Patrol Operations Division at 248 Salem Ave.
- East Patrol Operations Division North at 417 East Helena St.
- East Patrol Operations Division South at 2721 Wayne Ave.
- West Patrol Operations Division at 951 Washington St.
Only pills or patches will be accepted; no liquids, needles, or sharps will be taken.
If you are not available on October 27, all five of these sites have drug drop-off boxes available for use Monday through Friday during businesses hours, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
On April 2018’s Drug Take Back Day, more than 949,000 pounds of prescriptions were turned it.