HARRISON TWP., Ohio (WDTN) – Three people were injured after crashing a stolen vehicle Wednesday afternoon.
Police were made aware of a stolen pickup truck that was headed for Huber Heights. Officers spotted the truck traveling south on Rip Rap Road.
The driver then turned onto Needmore Road and pulled over into a business parking lot.
Officers pulled into the lot, but before they could make contact with the occupants, the truck struck a Huber Heights police cruiser.
The driver then fled west on Needmore Road, leading police on a chase.
Stop sticks were deployed in the area of Needmore Road and Wagner Ford Road.
The truck continued west and struck another vehicle on Needmore Road at I-75. The driver continued to flee and headed to Foster Avenue.
While turning onto Foster Avenue, the driver lost control and hit a curb, causing the truck to overturn.
The driver initially fled but was located and taken to the hospital, along with two other occupants inside the truck.
The incident remains under investigation.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- America’s cars could soon stop drunk drivers from driving at all
- Trump rule may mean 1 million kids lose automatic free lunch
- NASA asks Congress for more money to get back to the moon
- Study links seasonal allergies to crime rate
- Sheriff’s Office receives donation for new K-9 in honor of fallen officer