HARRISON TWP., Ohio (WDTN) – Three people were injured after crashing a stolen vehicle Wednesday afternoon.
Police were made aware of a stolen pickup truck that was headed for Huber Heights. Officers spotted the truck traveling south on Rip Rap Road.
The driver then turned onto Needmore Road and pulled over into a business parking lot.
Officers pulled into the lot, but before they could make contact with the occupants, the truck struck a Huber Heights police cruiser.
The driver then fled west on Needmore Road, leading police on a chase.
Stop sticks were deployed in the area of Needmore Road and Wagner Ford Road.
The truck continued west and struck another vehicle on Needmore Road at I-75. The driver continued to flee and headed to Foster Avenue.
While turning onto Foster Avenue, the driver lost control and hit a curb, causing the truck to overturn.
The driver initially fled but was located and taken to the hospital, along with two other occupants inside the truck.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Lawmakers demand more accountability from PG&E for role in starting wildfires
- Miami Co. Board of Elections no longer under administrative oversight
- Sheriff: Man stirs the pot by lighting joint in court
- GOP doesn’t have votes to block Bolton, McConnell concedes
- Bill aims to pay schools for lost tax revenue following tornadoes