24 people evaluated after ammonia exposure in Sidney

Local News
fire-truck_1521727863085.jpg

SIDNEY, Ohio (WDTN) – A total of 24 people were treated by the Sidney Fire Department after an anhydrous ammonia exposure at restaurant in Sidney on Wednesday, the Sidney Fire Department said.

After fire crews were dispatched at 7:26 am Wednesday, employees told fire crews that approximately a third of a pound of anhydrous ammonia leaked due to a broken valve. It leaked for about 15 minutes before being contained by maintenance personnel. After an investigation, fire crews did not detect any dangerous levels of odors or vapors. Nine patients were treated and three were went to Wilson Health for further evaluation.

A second call was made for continued exposure at 9:03 am. Another investigation was done by fire crews and no dangerous levels of odors or vapors were detected. Another 15 patients were treated at the scene, sending one of the 15 to Wilson Health for further evaluation.

The Shelby County EMA was contacted regarding the exposure.

Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.

news-app-download-apple-350x50 news-app-download-android-350x50

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for all the latest news, weather and sports.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

9-4 donate dayton strong

Tragedy in Dayton Stories

More Oregon District Shooting

Latest Video on WDTN.com

More Latest Video

Only on WDTN.com | Phil Wiedenheft

More profile-65422

Trending Stories

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS