NEWTON TWP., Ohio (WDTN) – The 2-year-old killed in a golf cart accident Thursday in Miami County has been identified.
Montgomery County Coroner Kent Harshbarger said Friday the child killed was Conner Holt. Miami County Sheriff’s deputies, along with Pleasant Hill Fire & Medics, responded around 11:50 a.m. Thursday to the 1700 block of Stitcher Road for reports that a 2-year-old was ejected from a golf cart.
When authorities arrived, Holt was found non-responsive and not breathing. CPR was administered and Holt was flown via CareFlight to Children’s Medical Center in Dayton, where the child later died.
Initial investigation indicates that Holt was sitting in the golf cart while his grandfather was driving on the property of the family residence. The family dog ran into the path of the golf cart and the grandfather swerved and hit the brakes to avoid hitting the dog. The child fell from the golf cart and struck his head on the ground.
Harshbarger said the cause and manner of death has not been determined. The Miami County Sheriff’s Office is investigating. The Sheriff’s Office said Thursday there is no evidence of alcohol or drug use.
- Coroner identifies woman hit, killed by driver in Dayton
- Poll: More than 50 percent of Ohio restaurants could close within 9 months
- Stein Mart files for bankruptcy amid pandemic turmoil
- Kentucky Derby races on with updated public safety measures in place
- OSU cuts class sizes, will test on-campus students weekly to fight COVID-19