DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Dayton Fire Department responded to two separate house fires just after midnight on Tuesday, April 7, both were determined to be vacant by authorities.
The first fire was called in around 12:05 a.m. and took place 1200-block of Rosedale Avenue. This was followed shortly by another fire, called in at 12:18 a.m., in the 800-block of Catalpa Drive.
Fire officials told 2 NEWS that the first fire was put out quickly and that they estimated around $15,000 in damages.
The causes of both fires are currently under investigation.
2 NEWS and WDTN.com will update this story as it develops.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 57,151 cases, 2,911 deaths
- $20 million funding opportunity to strengthen America’s water infrastructure
- Kanye West announces plans to run for president in 2020
- Second stimulus check: Where we stand as July begins
- Payne Recreation Center to open gym, will resume aerobics classes