LEBANON, Ohio (WDTN) – Warren County Sheriff Deputies are investigating after a Warren County Career Center student was shot and killed overnight.
Deputies were called to the 1800 block of Oregonia Road in Lebanon for a report of prowlers in the area. Shortly after arriving, two people with gunshot wounds were found.
Officials later confirmed that 18-year-old Mason Trudics had died of his injuries.
Centerville City Schools released a statement about the incident, confirming that two people involved were students who attended programs outside the high school:
“We are saddened to hear about the shooting in Warren County. We can confirm two people who were injured were Centerville students who were attending programs outside of Centerville High School. We have counseling services available for any students or staff who feel like they need to talk with someone. At this time, we do not have any other information to share since the police investigation is ongoing. Additional questions should be directed to the Warren County Sheriff’s Office.”
A juvenile remains critically wounded.
A homicide investigation is now underway.
- Gov. DeWine delays three remaining 2021 executions
- Taking this step after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine makes a difference, CDC says
- Fire burning underground in Utah can’t be extinguished
- From gift cards to cash: these fitness apps pay you to get in shape
- Stimulus checks: What we know about how people are spending the $1,400