XENIA, Ohio (WDTN) – A car that fled from the Ohio State Highway Patrol rolled over Friday morning in Xenia.
The crash happened just after 2 am Friday on the ramp from eastbound US-35 to US-68. The Ohio State Highway Patrol told 2 NEWS the car had been reported traveling nearly 100 mpg on US-35 around 1:50 am.
An OSP Trooper spotted the car a short time later and tried to pull it over. The driver fled and led troopers on a chase with speeds topping 120 mph, according to the Ohio State Highway Patrol. The trooper lost sight of the car but found it a short time later crashed into a fence.
One person was ejected from the car and another person was trapped, troopers said. Both people were taken to Miami Valley Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
There is no word on potential charges for the people inside the car. The incident is still under investigation.
- Ohio distributes more than $3.5B during COVID-19 crisis
- Pentagon-Trump clash breaks open over military and protests
- 1.9 million seek jobless aid even as reopenings slow layoffs
- Video shows Chicago police officer placing knee on woman’s neck in mall parking lot
- Huber Heights, NAACP hold joint news conference ahead of planned protest