GREENE COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – Two people are dead in what the Greene County Sheriff is calling a “shootout” on a driveway in Greene County Wednesday morning, near Yellow Springs.
Deputies were called to a residence in the 3400 block of Grinnell Road after reports of a shooting at a residence. When crews arrived, two deceased bodies were discovered in the driveway of the residence, near the street, according to Greene County Sheriff Gene Fischer.
We’re told that the homeowners had pulled into their driveway and were greeted by a male suspect who was waiting in the area with a gun. The homeowner and the suspect exchanged gunfire. While this was taking place, a woman pulled up to the scene and more gunfire was exchanged.
When it was over, the man and woman had been killed, though officials could not immediately confirm if the homeowner’s gunfire had killed them both.
The female victim was believed to be the homeowner’s ex-wife.
One of the residents called 911 after the incident. We’re told the homeowner did have his CCW.
The Bureau of Criminal Investigation will assist in the investigation. Grinnell Road will be shut down until at least dark Wednesday, according to Fischer. 2 NEWS is working to learn more and will have additional details as they become available.
- Mayor praises peaceful protest in Piqua
- Lily’s Bistro gives back to protesters after window busted in Saturday night protests
- Owners of Ohio bakery arm themselves with guns as violent protesters try to get inside
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured
- People in Youngstown gather against police brutality, racial injustice