SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (WDTN) – Police in Springfield have apprehended two people in connection with the unrest and vandalism that took place in downtown Springfield Sunday night.
An adult was arrested on charges of vandalism and aggravated riot, and taken to the Clark County Jail. A juvenile was also arrested on charges of vandalism, aggravated riot, and breaking and entering.
Officials say these arrests were related to damage sustained at 22 E. Main Street where 17 windows were smashed the night of May 31.
Anyone with information, photos, or video taken during the unrest on that night is asked to contact the Springfield Police Division at 937-324-7716 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Police expect to make more arrests as they continue investigating the incident.
- Oscar-winning movie composer Ennio Morricone dead at 91
- Experts fear bad tick season amid coronavirus pandemic
- 2 dead, 1 hospitalized after Madison Township crash
- Second stimulus check: Report shows first payment saved thousands from poverty
- UPDATE: SWAT called in after fireworks dispute led to shots fired