MIDDLETOWN, Ohio (WDTN) – A 16-year-old boy is dead after a shooting in Middletown Friday evening.
Middletown Police discovered Zachary Wallace in the area of Casper Street and Manchester Avenue with multiple gunshot wounds at around 6:30 p.m.
Our sister station WLWT reports that the boy was taken to Atrium Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Neighbors reported hearing several gunshots.
According to police, an investigation led to Mars Drive in Trenton where Mezahn Demarco Amison, 21, was located. Police charged Amison with murder, and also charged a 16-year-old juvenile with Obstructing Official Business.
The teen’s body was found in a separate location from nearby shell casings.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Hughes at 513-425-7733.
- Houston building explosion shakes city, scatters debris
- Ohio school voucher program debate heats up as Feb. 1 enrollment date nears
- ‘It makes a big difference,’ Gov. DeWine applauds Springfield food bank’s grand opening
- Lawsuit filed against roofing contractor for allegedly ripping off tornado victims
- State launches new program between schools, businesses