MIDDLETOWN, Ohio (WDTN) – A 16-year-old boy is dead after a shooting in Middletown Friday evening.
Middletown Police discovered Zachary Wallace in the area of Casper Street and Manchester Avenue with multiple gunshot wounds at around 6:30 p.m.
Our sister station WLWT reports that the boy was taken to Atrium Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Neighbors reported hearing several gunshots.
According to police, an investigation led to Mars Drive in Trenton where Mezahn Demarco Amison, 21, was located. Police charged Amison with murder, and also charged a 16-year-old juvenile with Obstructing Official Business.
The teen’s body was found in a separate location from nearby shell casings.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Hughes at 513-425-7733.
- Youngstown pastor returns to loving church family after 100 days fighting COVID-19
- Number of laid-off workers seeking jobless aid stuck at 1.3M
- 35,000 new unemployment claims reported in Ohio
- US prison populations down 8% amid coronavirus outbreak
- ‘Stamp out Hunger’ food drive moves online due to COVID-19