DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Friday afternoon, our partners at iHeartMedia and 106.5 officially flipped the holiday season switch and will be playing Christmas music nonstop now through the holidays.
The station usually switches to its all-Christmas format a week before Thanksgiving but felt like spreading cheer early this year.
“It’s been a pretty rough year for the Miami Valley, so between the tornadoes and the Oregon District tragedy we felt like we need a little Christmas,” said Senior VP of Programming for iHeartMedia Dayton, Jeff Stevens.
The song that kicked off the celebration was Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You.”
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Wilberforce University among HBCU’s to receive loan forgiveness from Congress
- ‘It has been the greatest honor:’ first lady Melania Trump releases farewell message
- Biden to block Trump’s plan to lift COVID-19 European travel restrictions
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief