CLARK COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – An early morning motorcycle crash leaves one person dead on Upper Valley Pike near Ironwood Drive in German Township Thursday.
OSHP troopers were called shortly after 5 a.m. Thursday on Upper Valley Pike near Ironwood Drive. A 2015 Yamaha motorcycle was heading south on Upper Valley Pike drove off the right side of the road, lost control and flipped several times.
The rider, 26-year-old Brandon Sconfienza of Springfield was pronounced dead at the scene.
OSHP said Sconfienza was not wearing a helmet during the crash. “Excessive speed and alcohol are factors we are currently investigating in conjunction with the crash,” said Lieutenant B. K. Aller. There were no witnesses to the crash and investigators are working on finding an exact time of the crash.
Aller said, “Driving impaired and over-estimating the ability of yourself and your vehicle, can quickly become deadly.” OSHP said this is the 53rd motorcycle crash handled this year. “Motorcyclists should wear their helmets and drive defensively,” Lieutenant Aller added.
Clark County currently has 17 fatal crashes for 2020.
- Public Health discusses what Level 4 guidelines could look like
- Texas woman asked to take down ‘inappropriate’ skeleton display in front yard
- Oklahoma twins’ TikTok election video gets millions of views
- Less than a week: Key dates as we approach Election Day
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens US healthcare system