SHELBY COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – A Conover woman is dead after a crash in Shelby County Wednesday afternoon.
Shelby County Dispatch tells 2 NEWS the accident involved two vehicles in the 17000 block of SR-119, east of Anna, around 3:30 pm.
According to the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office, a 2007 Cadillac STS was headed eastbound on SR-119 when it traveled left of center into the westbound lane while cresting a hill, striking a 2015 Honda Civic head-on.
The driver of the Cadillac was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries, while the driver of the Honda was pronounced dead at the scene.
Our friends at the Piqua Daily Call report the victim was later identified by the Sheriff’s Office as 48-year-old Rebecca Daniels.
The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office, firefighters with Jackson Center, Anna Rescue, and the Shelby County Coroner’s Office responded to the scene.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Bellbrook women’s soccer team climbs thousands of stairs to raise money
- Dayton woman awarded $500k grant to restore historic YWCA building in West Dayton
- SWAT called after wanted suspect found in Dayton
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 64,214 cases, 3,036 deaths
- FAA investigating plane crash in Green Township