PIQUA, Ohio (WDTN) — A 76-year-old woman from Toledo is dead and her passenger is hospitalized after her vehicle crashed into the back of a flatbed truck on southbound I-75 near County Road 25A Wednesday afternoon.
The 70-year-old male passenger was taken to Upper Miami Valley Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries, according to the Ohio State Highway Patrol.
The initial investigation found that the crash occurred after the driver made an abrupt turn off the left of the roadway and into the back of a parked flatbed truck.
Both the driver and the passenger were wearing seat belts. The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
WDTN.com will update this story when more information is available.
- UD students, faculty reflect on Ginsburg’s legacy on campus
- Annual “Call to Duty” ride honors fallen Dayton Detective Jorge DelRio
- Springfield bar cited for violating state’s alcohol curfew
- Foundation in memory of Derrick Fudge planning first relief mission to Lake Charles after Laura and Sally storms
- Five people injured in US-35 crash between Beavercreek and Xenia