DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — A K-9 team is helping police search for a burglary suspect in Dayton.
Authorities say a woman called 911 around 9:30 a.m. reporting a burglary in progress at her home on Rutland Drive.
The woman told authorities she was not home, but saw someone climbing through the window of her attached garage. The woman said she saw the incident on her doorbell camera.
Police arrived, and a man ran from the scene. The suspect was reportedly wearing a black t-shirt with white lettering and jeans.
Officers chased the suspect on foot, but he got away near Haverhill Drive in Dayton.
Police called for a K-9 team to assist with the search on Knecht Drive, south of Haverill Drive and Princeton Drive.
- 2 adults, 2 children hospitalized after Moraine 3-car crash
- Franklin man indicted on kidnapping, theft charges
- Largest California wildfire threatens marijuana-growing area
- Sheriff: Several homes hit by gunfire on Fer Don Rd.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Friday update: 1,150 new cases, 19 additional deaths