FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) — A woman died during a Monday night storm that caused a mobile home to roll with her and a child inside.
Around 7:45 p.m., emergency crews responded to find a mobile home had rolled onto its side against a neighboring mobile home. It had been reported to 911 that people were possibly trapped inside.
Within 10 minutes, firefighters found a woman clutching a child, both under debris. The woman was unconscious and in critical condition, while the boy was conscious and in good condition. The woman was taken to a hospital, where she later died.
A neighboring mobile home was struck by the one that rolled. A person inside was able to escape uninjured by climbing out a window.
Crews also discovered a serious gas leak, which firefighters addressed in an effort to secure the area from exposed power lines.
- Buck’s Giannis wins second consecutive MVP award, per reports
- Woman told officer ‘ I have to poop so bad’ before high-speed chase
- Dayton Fire Lieutenant named Ohio Fire Service Instructor of the Year
- Three people taken to hospital after crash
- Dayton firefighter honored with Community Service Award