BROOKVILLE, Ohio (WDTN) – Fire officials believe faulty wiring may be to blame for a house fire in Brookville.

According to regional dispatch, firefighters were called to the home on National Road near Wolf Creek National Trail just before 2:00 p.m. Sunday after a passerby called 911 after seeing smoke coming from the second story of the structure.

Brookville’s Fire Chief says electrical wiring set insulation in the attic on fire. Crews were able to knock it down pretty quickly.

Two women inside were able to get out safely.