CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – A dog found inside a taped closed box near a trash compactor in Chesapeake, Virginia is reportedly doing fine, police say.
According to Chesapeake police, officers responded to Holly Point Apartments and spoke to the maintenance worker who found the dog on Saturday, November 9.
Reports say the dog was found inside a cardboard box with a towel, near the maintenance office of the apartment complex. The box was taped closed to prevent it from getting out.
Animal Control officials advised the maintenance worker, who showed interest in possibly giving the dog a home, to report the incident so the dog can be scanned for any microchipping.
Police say the person responsible for the incident might have done so to cause harm to the dog’s owner.
At the moment, an animal cruelty report has not been filed.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Russia clears virus vaccine despite scientific skepticism
- Bar owner sets 11 p.m. closing time after receiving citation
- College & Coronavirus: Packing during the pandemic
- Secret Service involved in shooting outside White House
- Police: Man jailed after throwing knife at victim, refusing to come out of home